Only 1 very reasonably-priced private suite left; at $2000 per month, you will not find this excellent quality care anywhere else at this affordable price! Call us today at 306-697-3105 to arrange a tour and snap up our last available space in Grenfell!
Thank you for inquiring about Helping Hands in Grenfell, SK! Helping Hands has a 25+ year history in Saskatchewan, and has developed an excellent reputation in the provincial health region for providing quality care for all of our residents.
Helping Hands in Grenfell is a cozy, 10-bed character home with 2 lovely shaded decks as well as a covered porch for quiet visits under the trees in the serene town of Grenfell, SK. Most of our rooms have their own washroom, or they share with only 1 other resident. You will find that our pricing is half that of comparable care homes in Regina, so we can offer your loved one amazing care, only a short drive away, at an affordable price!
We can also help you access the Government of Saskatchewan Personal Care Homes Benefit–a subsidy for the budget-conscious senior! Call 306-696-2247 and ask for Alyssa to arrange a tour, and see if you qualify for a subsidized room in Broadview Helping Hands!
For 25 years, Helping Hands Personal Care Home’s Regina location has been the premiere choice for seniors and their families when high quality care and settling into a permanent home are important; now this experience and expertise has come to Grenfell! The owner of Helping Hands Grenfell has roots in the community; Heather’s father Harvey Swallow grew up in the Grenfell/Windthorst area where her grandfather Jack (John) Swallow farmed for many years, as did Heather’s grandmother Irma Carter’s family. Heather’s “Adopted” cousin, Vicki Schurr, and her father Peter Lygouriatis operated Vicki’s On One Restaurant in Grenfell for many years. Vicki is actually credited for encouraging Heather to consider purchasing the former Memory Lane care home in Grenfell; a few short months later Heather re-opened the home as Helping Hands, continuing the 25-year tradition of Helping Hands in the Regina area.
Helping Hands Grenfell is different than most Personal Care Homes. While most other care homes make residents move to Long Term Care when there is an increase in their needs, Helping Hands Grenfell can instead ensure the proper staffing levels are in place to meet those needs, so the resident does not need to move out of their home at Helping Hands. Many residents stay with us right to end of life, preventing additional upset and anxiousness for the resident and their family about a new living situation simply because their needs have changed. If you are looking for a quiet, serene, setting, as well as social opportunities, in a lovely home with a treed yard, beautiful outside spaces, and 3 decks, Helping Hands Grenfell is exactly this.
Our home in Grenfell is a bright, gorgeous character home originally built in the early 1900’s. The original portion of our home is a lovely, 2-storey home done in butter-yellow, with kitchen & dining room on the main floor, and a private self-contained suite on the 2nd floor. Many years later, the home was renovated with an addition of a large rear wing which houses 5 huge resident bedrooms (all with either private or semi-private washrooms), a large, comfortable living room, and a well-appointed common washroom with laundry area. This beautiful residence is the perfect small-town location, complete with 3 outdoor living areas: a covered front porch to sit on and watch the local folks go by, a sunny outdoor BBQ & eating area, and a shaded back deck, perfect for quiet contemplation.
Helping Hands Grenfell is the perfect marriage of down-home comfort and top quality care-giving. Stop by anytime for a visit. Until you see this home, you could never have imagined being able to find a seniors’ care home with such quaint, beautiful design, and homey comfort.
We offer the highest quality care in the industry in a stylish, yet home-like environment. Our well-deserved reputation of excellence guarantees that our residents are cared for holistically, with their emotional, social, cognitive, and spiritual needs met in addition to their physical care needs.
*NOW OFFERING 2 LOW-INCOME PLACEMENTS AND ASSISTANCE TO ACCESS THE GOVERNMENT OF SASK PERSONAL CARE HOMES BENEFIT,
WHICH TOPS UP QUALIFYING RESIDENTS’ INCOMES TO $2000/MONTH*
We provide a helping hand to individuals who require supervision, assistance, personal care or nursing care, in a manner in which they can live their lives with dignity, surrounded by loving and caring people, in a beautifully designed home environment. Some of our features include:
- Family owned and operated by the Swallow/Monaghan family for 25 years
- Heather Monaghan is a high school teacher, a Seniors’ advocate, and has held her a License in Practical Nursing for 20 years
- Our staff follow the highest safety standards as per the Saskatchewan Association for Safe Work Places in Health
- Our staff are carefully selected and trained, and they are friendly, personable, and happy to serve our residents’ needs
- Our home is your home; visit whenever is best for you. If it’s around meal time you will be invited to join us for breakfast, lunch or supper!
- Most levels of care provided (Levels 1-4)
- In-house physician, nurse practitioner, or nurse who visits the home as available & as needed
- Canadian trained and currently licensed Care Aides, LPN’s, and RN’s as required for specialized care
- Palliative expertise & care
- Dementia care
- Residents rarely need to leave what has become their home due to increased care needs
Meaningful Activities are a Top Priority at Helping Hands. We offer:
- Meaningful, productive activities of everyday home life for those who wish to take part in folding the clean towels, peeling veggies, baking, etc
- Time built into daily scheduling to allow staff and residents to have positive, meaningful interactions
- Open door policy for residents’ family & friends
- Space for families to hold celebrations & events, free of charge
- In-home, personalized entertainment & activities based on the interests of the residents
- Planned group outings
- Special celebrations for holidays & special dates, as well as annual large social events in the home for which families are encouraged to join us
Our Home is beautifully appointed. Our residents enjoy our:
- Tastefully decorated 3000+ sq ft home
- Delicious home-cooked meals
- Home-making, laundry, and cleaning services
- Foot care and hairstylist services in our home, as available
- Both private and shared rooms, each with its own private or semi-private washroom
- Attractively landscaped, fenced yard with deck, complete with an absolutely gorgeous flower garden
- Complete accessibility for individuals with disabilities
Residents of Helping Hands are treated with dignity and respect at all times. They have freedom of choice, and as much independence or assistance as desired. Our philosophy is that “our home is your home,” and as such, our residents have the privileges and autonomy that comes with living their lives as they wish.
710 Stella Street
Provincial Facility #: 9079
Principle Contact: Heather Monaghan
Phone Number: To speak with Residents or Care Team Members at the Care Home: 306-697-3105 For vacancy information, call Heather 306-536-6725
Cell Number: Heather Monaghan 306-536-6725
Price Range: $1800.00—$4000.00
Private Vacancies: No
- Sheila Fox, House Manager of Helping Hands Grenfell; 306-730-8038; email@example.com